POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : hallo patterns : Re: hallo patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hallo patterns
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 29 May 1998 00:26:41
Message: <356E3901.9DA92270@ltu.edu>
Before you guys work too hard on these patches, be aware that POV 3.1 will be
coming out fairly soon (not sure exactly when) and will greatly change halos
(i.e. get rid of them). The replacement, known as media, already supports all
available POV patterns.  POV 3.1, however, does not include the equivilant of
isosurface's user-defined functions.

Sincerely,
Nathan Kopp